How to . . . Apply for a Service Academy Nomination
Because of the large number of qualified candidates, the nomination process is extremely competitive. I encourage all applicants to also apply directly to the academies and ask that a pre-candidate file be opened for them.
To qualify for a Service Academy, applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen and legal resident of California;
- Be at least 17 years old, but not older than 23 on July 1 of the year you enter the academy;
- Have a high school education or the equivalent;
- High academic standing;
- Participate in extracurricular and/or community activities which demonstrate leadership qualities; and
- Have received competitive scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Test.
I accept nomination applications each year between April and November.
The application period for the Class of 2019 is now closed.
If you have further questions, please feel free to call my San Francisco office at (415) 393-0707.