How to . . . Apply for a Service Academy Nomination
Because of the large number of qualified candidates, the nomination process is extremely competitive. I encourage all applicants to also apply directly to the academies and ask that a pre-candidate file be opened for them.
To qualify for a Service Academy, applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen and legal resident of California;
- Be at least 17 years old, but not older than 23 on July 1 of the year you enter the academy;
- Have a high school education or the equivalent;
- High academic standing;
- Participate in extracurricular and/or community activities which demonstrate leadership qualities; and
- Have received competitive scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Test.
I accept nomination applications each year between April and November. The application period for the Class of 2018 is now open. To apply for a nomination, please fill out the downloadable form and send it to:
Senator Dianne Feinstein
Attn: Military Academy Nomination
1 Post Street, Suite 2450
San Francisco, CA 94104
To be considered for a nomination to one of the United States Service Academies, you are required to submit a complete application packet, postmarked no later than November 1, 2013. If you have further questions, please feel free to call my San Francisco office at (415) 393-0707.
Thank you and good luck!