How to . . . Purchase a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol
In addition to the flag, you will receive a certificate, suitable for framing, stating that the flag was flown over the Capitol. The certificate will include the name of the person or organization for whom the flag was flown, the occasion for which it was flown and the date it was flown.
To purchase a flag through my office:
- Fill out the Flag Order form.
- Make money order payable to: Keeper of the Stationery.
- Send order form and payment to my office 4-6 weeks prior to fly date.
- Allow an additional 4-6 weeks after the fly date for delivery.
- Be sure to include the shipping and handling fee, and the flying and certification fee for each flag you order.
- My office cannot accept flag orders via the Internet or over the phone. A money order for the complete amount must be received before an order can be processed.
- Once a date has passed, it is no longer possible to purchase a flag flown on that date.
- My office can only accept orders from California residents. If you are not from California, please contact the Senators or Representative from your State.
- Only American flags can be purchased and flown over the Capitol.
Please make your money order payable to "Keeper of the Stationery" and return with completed form to the following address:
Senator Dianne Feinstein
ATTN: Flag Request
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0504
Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 8-12 weeks for processing and delivery.