Apr 28 2017
Washington—Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) today released the following statement on President Trump’s first 100 days in office:
“President Trump in his first 100 days has had more false starts, failed policies and bad ideas than most presidents have in an entire term.
“President Trump and congressional Republicans have used a little-known tool—the Congressional Review Act—to roll back hard-fought progress on a number of issues:
- They made it easier for mentally-ill individuals to buy guns.
- They made it harder for working families to save for retirement.
- They allowed mining companies to dump coal ash in streams.
- They allowed states to block funding to Planned Parenthood.
- They let oil companies hide payments from foreign governments.
- They let Internet service providers sell personal information without consumer’s permission.
“Simply put, President Trump has used his first 100 days to boost Wall Street profits at the expense of American families.
“He has also used his executive authority to impose a number of terrible policies:
- He imposed a Muslim travel ban.
- He refused to safeguard voting rights protections.
- He rolled back climate change rules.
- He shifted immigration enforcement away from dangerous criminals.
“President Trump’s policy changes will have one stark effect: to undermine our efforts to create a more just society and protect the rights of all Americans. These changes will have tremendous effects on people’s everyday lives, and I remain committed to fighting these policies at every turn.”