Feb 06 2020
Daily new cases and deaths in the United States:
Coronavirus testing in the United States:
Coronavirus testing in California:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Visit the CDC's coronavirus information page for more tips on prevention.
Para informacion sobre COVID-19 en español, haz click aqui.
If you are experiencing the symptoms associated with coronavirus (cough, fever, shortness of breath) you should contact your health care provider immediately.
If you are experiencing symptoms and are currently unisured, The California Department of Public Health reccomends you:
- Check with your local community health center
- See if you’re eligible for Medi-Cal
- See if you’re eligible for Covered California
The spread of the coronavirus is affecting many people’s ability to work. Information on unemployment protections and benefits are available here.
Many school districts across the state have set up school lunch pick up programs during school closures. Find more information here:
If you have any questions, concerns or difficulties due to the coronavirus outbreak, I encourage you to contact my office for assistance.
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Fax: (202) 228-3954
TTY/TDD: (202) 224-2501
You may email my office here.
You can submit a casework request to my office here.
CDC Confirmed Cases