Feb 06 2020
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Visit the CDC's coronavirus information page for more tips on prevention.
Para informacion sobre COVID-19 en español, haz click aqui.
If you are experiencing the symptoms associated with coronavirus (cough, fever, shortness of breath) you should contact your health care provider immediately.
If you are experiencing symptoms and are currently unisured, The California Department of Public Health reccomends you:
- Check with your local community health center
- See if you’re eligible for Medi-Cal
- See if you’re eligible for Covered California
The spread of the coronavirus is affecting many people’s ability to work. Information on unemployment protections and benefits are available here.
Many school districts across the state have set up school lunch pick up programs during school closures. Find more information here:
If you have any questions, concerns or difficulties due to the coronavirus outbreak, I encourage you to contact my office for assistance.
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Fax: (202) 228-3954
TTY/TDD: (202) 224-2501
You may email my office here.
You can submit a casework request to my office here.
Senator Feinstein has been closely following developments in the 2019 coronavirus outbreak and has repeatedly urged federal agencies to ensure we have the resources we need to contain this epidemic and protect Americans.
- Feinstein: Economic Recovery Bill Includes Important New Unemployment Provisions 3/26/20
- Members of Congress to Secretary Mnuchin: Defer Tariffs During Coronavirus Pandemic 3/26/20
- Feinstein to DOJ: Protect Public Health, Suspend Immigration Hearings During Pandemic 3/26/20
- Feinstein: Agreement on Coronavirus Bill Aims to Stabilize Economy 3.25.20
- Feinstein: Increase in Coronavirus Cases Signals Need for Continued Vigilance 3/24/20
- Feinstein Statement on Coronavirus Legislation 3/23/20
- Feinstein Welcomes Federal Assistance for California Coronavirus Response 3/23/20
- Feinstein Calls on Administration to Safeguard Food Production Capacity 3/23/20
- Feinstein, Cortez Masto, Colleagues Urge Congress to Support Clean Energy Industry in Economic Relief Packages 3/23/20
- Feinstein Hosts Call with Health Care Experts 3/20/20
- Feinstein Requests Navy Hospital Ship Be Sent to Port of Los Angeles 3/20/20
- Feinstein to Administration: Protect Domestic Violence Victims During Coronavirus Pandemic 3/20/20
- Feinstein to Californians: Follow Local, State, Federal Public Health Recommendations 3/19/20
- Feinstein, Harris, Colleagues Seek Answers on Coronavirus Preparedness in Immigration Detention Facilities 3/18/20
- Feinstein Statement on Second Coronavirus Response Legislation 3/18/20
- Feinstein Urges More Support for States, Homeless During Coronavirus Emergency 3/17/20
- Feinstein, Brown Urge Sheriffs to Establish Eviction Moratorium in Light of Coronavirus Pandemic 3/17/20
- Feinstein Supports Actions to Slow Spread of Coronavirus 3/16/20
- Feinstein, Reed, Colleagues Urge Trump to Re-Open the Obamacare Enrollment Window 3/13/20
- Feinstein Calls on Administration to Expand Coronavirus Testing Capacity 3/12/20
- Feinstein, Smith Introduce Bill to Protect Quarantined Workers From Being Fired or Punished by Employers Amid Coronavirus 3/12/20
- Senate Democrats Question Department of Labor’s Absence from Coronavirus Task Force 3/11/20
- Feinstein, Menendez, Murray Lead Request for the IRS to Extend Tax-Filing Deadline for Individual Taxpayers 3/11/20
- Democratic Senators Call for Economic Response to Help Workers and Families Most Harmed by the Coronavirus 3/11/20
- Feinstein, Murray, Democrats Urge DeVos to Issue Clear Guidance for Schools and Families Regarding Coronavirus 3/11/20
- Senate Democrats Urge President to Use Disaster Declarations in Coronavirus Response 3/11/20
- Feinstein: Congress Should Focus Coronavirus Assistance on Low-Wage Workers, Small Businesses 3/10/20
- Feinstein Calls for More Coronavirus Testing 3/10/20
- Feinstein Supports San Francisco Actions on Coronavirus 3/7/20
- Feinstein Supports California Effort to Make Coronavirus Testing Free for Patients 3/6/20
- Feinstein Lauds Senate Passage of Coronavirus Funding Bill 3/5/20
- Feinstein Supports Federal Funding Bill to Confront Coronavirus 3/4/20
- Feinstein, Smith, Klobuchar, Colleagues Call on Census Bureau to Address Effect of Coronavirus on 2020 Census 3/4/20
- Feinstein Warns Against Coronavirus Misinformation 3/2/20
- Feinstein Calls for Rapid Testing of All Suspected Coronavirus Cases 2/27/20
- Feinstein Leads Bipartisan Call for HHS to Reimburse States, Cities for Coronavirus Efforts 2/13/20
- Feinstein Asks HHS for Coronavirus Screening, Quarantine Plans 2/5/20
- Feinstein to USAID: Reinstate Pandemic Prevention Program 2/4/20
- Feinstein, Murray, Democrats Press Health Department for Updates on Novel Coronavirus, Call for Continuing Robust, Science-Driven Response 1/27/20
- Feinstein Requests HHS Plan to Protect Against Infectious Disease Outbreaks 1/15/20
CDC Confirmed Cases