We are unable to process flag requests or have flags flown at the Capitol, but we will return to processing orders as soon as possible
How to . . . Purchase a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol
One of the most popular services offered by the Senate Stationery Room is the U.S. Flag program, which allows constituents the ability to request flags that have been flown over the U.S. Capitol Building for commemoration of special occasions.
|3 x 5||Nylon||$11|
|3 x 5||Cotton||$12|
|4 x 6||Nylon||$16|
|5 x 8||Nylon||$21|
|5 x 8||Cotton||$24|
|Please add a flying fee of $9 and a shipping fee of $8.80.|
Please note that prices increased October 1, 2018
Senator Feinstein's office can arrange to have an American flag flown over the U.S. Capitol to commemorate a special occasion, event or holiday.
In addition to the flag, constituents will receive a certificate, suitable for framing, stating that the flag was flown over the Capitol. The certificate will include the name of the person or organization for whom the flag was flown, the occasion for which it was flown and the date it was flown.
To purchase a flag through my office:
- Fill out a flag order form on pay.gov and submit.
- If paying by check, make check payable to: Keeper of the Stationery. Otherwise, enter payment information on pay.gov
- Allow an additional 4-6 weeks after the fly date for delivery.
- If you have any questions contact my office by phone (202) 224-3841 or email email@example.com
- Flags can be shipped or picked up at our Washington, D.C. office.
- If you purchase a pre-flown flag, it will not come a personalized commemerative certificate.
- Once a date has passed, it is no longer possible to purchase a flag flown on that date.
- The office can only accept orders from California residents. Those who do not live in California should contact the senators or representative from their state.
- Only American flags can be purchased and flown over the Capitol.
- The office cannot accept orders or checks dated more than 6 months in advance.
IF you are paying by check, please make your check payable to "Keeper of the Stationery" and return with completed form to the following address:
Senator Dianne Feinstein
ATTN: Flag Request
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0504
Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 8-12 weeks for processing and delivery.