Jan 24 2017
Washington—Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) today announced her support for the Senate Democratic infrastructure proposal that would invest $1 trillion and create 15 million jobs over the next 10 years.
Key elements of the plan include:
- $210 billion to repair crumbling roads and bridges.
- $180 billion to replace and expand transit and commuter rail systems.
- $65 billion to modernize ports, airports and waterways.
- $100 billion for 21st century energy infrastructure.
- $110 billion to modernize water and sewer systems.
“Rebuilding our nation’s infrastructure to be modern, reliable and safe isn’t just an investment that will pay off down the road, it will also create real job opportunities today,” Senator Feinstein said.
“California understands the wisdom of investing in our infrastructure, which is why voters approved local sales taxes up and down the state in November. Matching that local commitment with federal funding would accelerate the new transit lines, bridges, water storage, congestion relief, electricity infrastructure and stronger seawalls that California needs.”
The full plan can be read here.